Dominique BOILE sends these scans of a few of the 52 pages of what he describes as “the extraordinary tour program printed on very high quality paper.”
While I am usually not taken with Tour Programs, this 33 cm x 24 cm (12.99 inch x 9.45 inch) program is indeed impressive. Within just these eight images are several elements worthy of special note:
- Exquisite Detail: Check out the fragments of Cohen’s handwriting in the background of the blowup from the cover (Image #2)
- Sticker Shock – of the good sort: Stickers of logos used for The Future album, stickers of Unified Hearts logos, stickers of Cohen’s art, stickers of the Old Ideas album cover elements, … stickers, stickers, stickers. (Image #3)
- Hard To Find Photos: “Hard to find” is code for “I haven’t seen these before,” a description which applies to two photos in Image #4 and one photo in Image #8.
- Dominique Issermmann’s Photos Of Leonard Cohen: What else do I need to say?
- Leonard Cohen’s Handwritten Notes: Image #6 is a page from Cohen’s notes for the lyrics of “Show Me The Place.” I love handwritten notes used to create literary work; you should, too.
Note: Originally posted August 17, 2012 at DrHGuy.com, a predecessor of Cohencentric