Update (2017): Introduction
This is the second in a set of 1HeckOfAGuy1 entries that I am reposting in response to some newly minted fans asking how l first came to meet Leonard Cohen:
- 1. Anjani – A Muse Amused?
- 2. Anjani Sends DrHGuy Pandoracious Response
- 3. Anjani Writes Dear DrHGuy Letter
- 4. The Less Dramatic, More Remarkable Aftermath
- The 2009 Beacon Theatre Show Detour
- 5. The Great Event
The content below was originally published Aug 16, 2006.
Anjani Writes Again
Flaunting her perspicacity, a reader, Mrs. Linklater, presciently posed this rhetorical question after perusing my post, Anjani – A Muse Amused?, which was itself written in response to the appearance of a comment by Anjani to a still earlier post I wrote lauding her album, Blue Alert:
Why does this all make me think of Pandora’s Box, as it were?
DrHGuy Promoted To Rascally Scamp
The latest episode in this mini-series has arrived in the form of this comment from Anjani appended to Anjani: A Muse Amused?
I write regarding a number of points:
1. As a fellow proponent of proper syntax and spelling, kindly correct the typo in that comment from “my” to “me”
2. The Contact and Subscribe tabs at the top of the page don’t lead anywhere but home.
3. You rascally scamp! Never would I consider a fourway with Tina and Joan Jett…however, Tina and Tanita remain an intriguing possibility.
Comment by anjani — August 12, 2006 @ 6:08 pm
To Recap: Anjani and DrHGuy
Anjani Thomas is an altogether impressive singer-songwriter, whose album, Blue Alert, has garnered critical acclaim and a growing audience. It has also become my personal soundtrack since I belatedly discovered it three weeks ago. The songs from Blue Alert, suffused with Anjani’s smoky voice, are simultaneously a seduction into and a requiem for love that the singer unflinchingly and, indeed, passionately advocates all the while acknowledging that love is, in the end, not only insufficient to rescue us from the human condition but is also itself a source of pain.
And, it must be said, or, at any rate, I’m certainly going to say it, Anjani is easy on the eyes.
My primary occupation these days, on the other hand, is dashing off posts on the decantation of ketchup, recipes for chocolate infused vodka, hacks for opening combination locks, the styles of bloggers in Ohio and Australia, the Gay Games Rowing Matches in Crystal Lake, and, on occasion, my admiration for and fantasies about gorgeous women who sing tremendous songs.
And my looks are, if not a burden on the the eyes, an acquired taste.
DrHGuy & Anjani Up In A Tree – OK, Up Two Different Trees
- 1HeckOfAGuy.com was a predecessor of Cohencentric [↩]