- Fans arrive from around the world to Montreal on November 4-5 for a week of celebration.
- Fans can download application for unique augmented reality tour of Montreal through the eyes of Leonard Cohen.
- Tower of Song Concert at the Bell Centre on November 6th.
- Fans and celebrities have advanced tour of Exhibition at Musée d’arts contemporain de Montréal on November 6th & 7th.
- Presentation of proceeds from Concert to Canada Arts Councils, federal, provincial and local.
- Outdoor laser projection of Cohen Lyrics in Old Montreal on the evening of November 7th, continuing until the 11th
- Dedication of Leonard Cohen Mural on November 8th.
- VIP opening at art exhibition on evening of November 8th.
- Public opening of art exhibition on November 9th.
Tower of Song Concert
- Tower of Song Concert at Bell Centre will be a historic celebration of the work of a renowned songwriter and poet.
- Confirmed artists include: Elvis Costello, Lana Del Rey, Feist, Philip Glass, K.D. Lang, The Lumineers, Damien Rice, Sting, Patrick Watson, Adam Cohen, Ballets Jazz De MontrÉal
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of Canada and Premier Philippe Coulliard of Québec
- Additional artists in process of confirmation including celebrities to read poetry selections.
- Event to be filmed as a concert/documentary to be broadcast around the world in 2018 – JACK BENDER (creator of Lost and most recently director of Mercedes), director.
- Exhibition of works inspired by the artist of Leonard Cohen at the Musée d’arts contemporain de Montréal
- Leading contemporary artists from around the world have been commissioned to create new works inspired by Leonard Cohen.
- Artists have licensed elements of Leonard Cohen’s works and applied new digital technologies to create new and unique works emotionally driven by the depth of Leonard Cohen’s art.
- Works range from VR experiences of “Hallelujah” to multiscreen acapella vocal performances in 3D sound.
- Exhibition to travel around the world after closing in Montreal end of April 2018.
ELVIS COSTELLO, LANA DEL REY, FEIST, PHILIP GLASS, K.D. LANG, THE LUMINEERS’ WESLEY SCHULTZ AND JEREMIAH FRAITES, DAMIEN RICE, STING, PATRICK WATSON, ADAM COHEN AND OTHERS TO MARK ANNIVERSARY OF ICON’S PASSING
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 6th 7:30 PM
BELL CENTRE, MONTREAL
TICKETS ON SALE THIS SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 23rd AT NOON (EDT) AT EVENKO.CA AND 1-855-310-2525
Update: The most recent official update on all the events of Montreal’s Week of Celebration of Leonard Cohen – with added links to more information
(New York, NY – Sept. 18, 2017) – The family of Leonard Cohen invites fans from around the world to join them, along with renowned musicians, the Prime Minister of Canada and the Premier of Quebec in celebrating Cohen’s legacy for Tower of Song: A Memorial Tribute to Leonard Cohen at the Bell Centre in Montreal on Nov. 6, 2017. Tickets go on sale Saturday, Sept. 23 at www.evenko.ca.
Participating artists include Elvis Costello, Lana Del Rey, Feist, Philip Glass, k.d. lang, The Lumineers’ Wesley Schultz and Jeremiah Fraites, Damien Rice, Sting, Patrick Watson, and Adam Cohen, who is also co-producing the event. Additional artists, as well as actors paying homage through spoken word performances, will be announced soon.
“My father left me with a list of instructions before he passed: ‘Put me in a pine box next to my mother and father. Have a small memorial for close friends and family in Los Angeles…and if you want a public event do it in Montreal,’” said singer-songwriter Adam Cohen “I see this concert as a fulfillment of my duties to my father that we gather in Montreal to ring the bells that still can ring.”
Noted record and concert producer Hal Willner serves as producer of the event, which will be co-promoted by Evenko, Rubin Fogel Productions and Live Nation/Robomagic. Emmy nominated and Golden Globe winning director Jack Bender (Game of Thrones, Lost, The Sopranos, Mr. Mercedes, etc.) will film the event for an upcoming special.
“Leonard Cohen is a literary and musical icon of word-craft,” said Hal Willner. “On the first anniversary of his passing, we will endeavor to present a tribute to an artist who is universally acknowledged as one of the great poets and songwriters of all time.”
The event will benefit the Canada Council for the Arts, the Council of Arts and Letters of Quebec, and the Montreal Arts Council.
“Proceeds from the event will be shared by several of Canada’s arts organizations in an effort to continue the legacy of great works,” said Robert Kory and Michelle Rice, Leonard’s managers. “In fact, Leonard often mentioned the Arts Councils, whom he credited as providing essential support in the early days of his career.”
Tower of Song will mark the first anniversary of Leonard’s passing and commence a week of celebrations honoring Cohen in Montreal. As previously announced, the Musée d’art contemporain de Montréal’s new exhibit, “Leonard Cohen: Une brèche en toute chose / A Crack in Everything,” will open to the public November 9. The exhibit was approved by the late songwriter before his passing and will celebrate Cohen’s life and work.
For more information, please visit www.LeonardCohen.com
TICKETS AT :