- The caption can be in “New Yorker” format (below the photo) or comic book style (thought bubble or word balloon). Please specify a preference.
- Email entries to [email protected] before midnight (Eastern) August 15, 2015. The winning entry will be announced Aug 17, 2015.
- Submissions must either be in English or, if in another language, must still be funny after being processed by Google Translate.
- Be aware that the winning entry and some non-winning entries may be posted on this site. The authors of the captions will be credited unless the entry includes a request for anonymity.
- Demographic, Geopolitical, & Affiliative Restrictions: Entrants must be identifiably human and alive at time of submission. Note: “Undead” does not qualify as “alive” and anthropomorphism doth not a human make.
- DrHGuy will choose the winning entry so sucking up, while not mandatory, probably wouldn’t hurt. In regard to this photo contest, DrHGuy has a predilection for captions that reference smartphones, apps, texting, the internet, etc, but if you’ve got another slant on the scene, knock yourself out.
- The winner will receive a print of the photo signed by Leonard Cohen. Yes, really.