Arriving for the Sept 29, 2012 Leonard Cohen concert in Paris, Sharon Robinson snapped this shot of the Olympia Theatre marquee. Found at Sharon Robinson Facebook Page. Originally posted October 3, 2012 at DrHGuy.com, a predecessor of Cohencentric
Thanks to the unstinting efforts of Véronique Bucchini, we now have a gallery of what has proven to be the rarest of 2012 Leonard Cohen World Tour photos – shots of the Sept 26, 2012 show in Toulon, France.* (Special thanks go to Dominique BOILE, who informed Ms Bucchini of DrHGuy & the quest for photos of the Toulon show.)
Worthy of special note:
- Above Image: This is one of those photos, taken at precisely the right moment from precisely the right perspective that perfectly captures a key aspect of a performance
- Below First Row, Left Image: Sharon Robinson and Leonard Cohen singing side by side is a scene that has been photographed hundreds if not thousands of times. Nonetheless, this specimen seems to render the two collaborators in song in a fresh light.
*Very few photos and videos emerged from the Toulon show, leading the posting of this plea.
Note: Originally posted Oct 3, 2012 at DrHGuy.com, a predecessor of Cohencentric
- Perhaps the best 2012 Tour photo of Charley Webb I’ve seen
- An outstanding shot of a happy Roscoe Beck
- A pristine, all too rare photo of the usually camouflaged Rafael Gayol
- A closeup of Leonard Cohen performing on Jew’s harp
And He’s Off…
Leonard Cohen in the process of skipping off stage
Originally posted Oct 18, 2012 at DrHGuy.com, a predecessor of Cohencentric
I originally posted these shots on October 2, 2012 at DrHGuy.com, a predecessor of Cohencentric, in order to identify the photographers. Incredibly enough, that worked. It turns out that Marc Roed took the two stellar photos of Sharon Robinson atop this post at the Aug 26, 2012 Leonard Cohen Aalborg concert. (Special thanks go to Véro Chô, who recognized Marc’s photos.) The evocative photo immediately below was taken by Ria Bellen at the August 12, 2012 Ghent concert. The final image, the superb photo of Sharon looking determined/miffed (I initially thought Sharon looked miffed. On reflection, however, I now believe she looks determined – of course, she could be determined because she’s miffed, but still …), was taken by Ingrid van Daele at the August 17, 2012 Ghent concert.
Featuring Neil Larsen, Alex Bublitchi, & Sharon Robinson
Leonard rarely performed Banjo in concert. In fact, the only other videotaped performance I’ve found was at the Aug 14, 2012 Ghent show: Video: Leonard Cohen’s Touching Performance Of Banjo – Ghent 2012
Leonard Cohen – Banjo
Amsterdam: August 21, 2012
Video by vpmusicblog
Posted at Sharon Robinson Facebook Page. Originally posted Sep 5, 2014 at DrHGuy.com, a predecessor of Cohencentric
Sharon Robinson – Alexandra Leaving
Rome: July 7, 2013
Video by 30gallina72 (Szilvia Szanto)
Originally posted at DrHGuy.com, a predecessor of Cohencentric
These compelling shots were taken at the July 9, 2013 Leonard Cohen Lucca concert by Ciarán Dorr. Worthy of special note are the photos of
- Leonard Cohen on guitar (atop this post). Most recent concert photos of Cohen on guitar suffer from the severe stage lighting; this one is impeccable.
- Hattie Webb’s visage captured with unusual delicacy
- Neil Larsen in action on accordion
- Backup singers Charley & Hattie Webb and Sharon Robinson (final photo) looking like the confident, competent women they are
Originally posted July 31, 2013 at DrHGuy.com, a predecessor of Cohencentric